What size breasts would I suit, do I need a lift or just implants? (photos)

Not idea what size breast implants I want, I don't know if I want over the muscle or under the muscle, I don't know where I want the incision and I don't know if I need a lift too or just implants? I'm 22 this year, have lost a total of 18kg so far with some more to go. My breast size does not change with my weight. They have always been this size. I'm looking for recommendations on what I should do please. Very unhappy with how my breasts are.

Breast augmentation

From these photos, you may get a result you are very happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation - in need of advice

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • First of all - you do not need a lift. That makes your decisions much easier.
  • If possible do not have your augmentation until you reach your goal weight.
  • But you can start looking for your plastic surgeon so you can have surgery once you are at your final weight.
  • Your surgeon will answer all your questions =
  • Implants above and below the muscle are acceptable - each has their pros and cons.
  • A discussion with your surgeon of the look you want, an exam and measurements will allow your surgeon to recommend the size implants.
  • In the USA. most women prefer smooth, round implants -
  • Gel or saline are acceptable.
  • Your most important step is finding the right surgeon - only have a surgeon who is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon whose approach you like and with whom you feel at ease.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant questions

Thank you for your query. Firstly I would suggest that you come down to a steady weight so as to be able to get the best result possible in the short and long term. I would certainly have thought that an augmentation alone with implants below the breast should be adequate. This does depend on a full consult but if have adequate tissue than one does not need to go below the muscle at all. 

The size of the breast implant is based on the width of your breast and should be a  'good fit'.

I use round, textured, silicone implant in my cosmetic practice and find them to be stable with excellent results. They give great fullness at the top of the breast and a better cleavage. Also there is no issue about implant rotation.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours to getting the best result possible. 

Sanjay Azad, MS, FRCSEd
Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon