Revision of Breast implants after surgery in Thailand 4yrs ago. (photos)

Implants hard, painful & changed shape. I had ultrasound & Dr advised capsular contracture & that the painful, sharp lump on L nipple is a stitch growing out from breast lift. The implants are too far apart creating wide cleavage, they are Mentor textured round L = 300cc, R = 325 cc. Implants were inserted through nipple when lift done. Interested in textured implants and the polyurethane coated (furry Brazilian) implants,hope for teardrop shape possslightly larger?

Revision of Breast implants after surgery in Thailand 4yrs ago.

Thank you for your question and photos. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. In my opinion, given the objective of reducing the potential risk of recurrence of the capsular contraction, it is best to use “fresh” implants in these cases.  The use of ADM (Acelluar Dermal Matrix) has also been shown to reduce recurrence.   Although the cause of encapsulation cannot be definitively determined in most cases, one of the leading theories regarding onset of encapsulation is the presence of a bacteria "microfilm"  surrounding the breast implants. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.