Post Revision Rhinoplasty Swelling? (Photos)

I have had a revision rhino 2 weeks ago. My nose is large and hard and I am concerned it's not going to get any smaller. From side on it's been built up quite a bit. And it's not really wide and bulbous.

Swelling after revision rhinoplasty

Recovering from revision rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. Revision rhinoplasty patients may experience more swelling than primary rhinoplasty patients. 

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. 

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post rhino

You need to wait significantly more time before judging your result - noses swell 50% more after revision surgery - at least 12-18 months is needed before assessing