Needing a long lasting filler.

Hello I have extremely fast metabolism, my body just chews through all fillers and wrinkle relaxers. I get 2 months out of both Botox and Dysport, never longer. I've attempted to fill my lips tear trough and marionette lines trying Perlane, Restylane, Juviderm and Rasiesse. I've also tried seeing several different reputable injectors only to have the same dismal results. Results lasted about a month :( I'm now wanting to enhance my lips- Is Aquamid the only answer for me?

Long lasting filler options

Hi,How long a filler lasts depends on the individual. All HA fillers are absorbable by the body. There are some 'permanent' fillers such as Bellafil but they can have some long term problems. Another option for long lasting volume is fat grafting. This is a procedure where fat is transferred from lower body to the face, it may be something that works for you. Discuss it with a facial plastic surgeon to see if you're a candidate. good luck

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long-lasting filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Maybe try Sculptra -- it is studied up to two years, but seems to last longer than that even. It is a milk sugar derivate that stimulates your skin to produce new collagen. It's a great option for global facial rejuvenation, but it requires a series of injections. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon