Neck liposuction - streaky. Any suggestions? (photos)

39 year old. I am 4 weeks post op from neck liposuction and laser tightening. I am aware that it is still early days but I'm concerned that my neck looks old and thin and "streaky". I can see platysma bands which I've now read is unlikely to go and if anything may look more pronounced when the swelling goes. I will see my surgeon next week and will ask all the questions but also curious to hear other professional questions. Too aggressive? Or too early to be disappointed?

Neck liposuction - streaky. Any suggestions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Neck liposuction - result is streaky

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • It is truly too early to be disappointed -
  • You are swollen and need to wait five months to  judge your result.
  • However, if you have platysma bands, removing the fat over them makes them more visible.
  • Your surgeon may be able to reduce the bands with Botox injections -
  • Or the bands may be swelling from the liposuction that will subside.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS