Should I consider lowering my inframmary fold rather than getting a lift?

I'm 19 and have have 2 children I will definataley not be having anymore, I have grade 1 ptosis and currently am a dd and would like to go bigger I really do not want the scars that come with a breast lift and I've been researching. Would lowering my imf and getting a larger implant be an option ? ( I don't mind my nipple being a bit low,I think that looks more natural anyway and don't like it when the nipples point up) I'm just looking to get bigger breasts with more upper pole fullness

Breast augmentation

I would advise you not to get  a large amount of lowering of the infra mammary crease. This will distort the breasts. All women have a modest amount of asymmetry that can be improved with a very, very modest amount of lowering of the crease

Lower inframammary fold

I would suggest careful thought and analysis before doing that in your case.  A lot of negative consequences can result when this is done to avoid what may be the best operation for you.  Be sure to discuss with an ASPS and ASAPS certified plastic surgeon with experience and interest in breast surgery.

Paul Watterson, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lowering IM fold??

It's impossible to give you good specific advice without pictures and a face to face examination.  However as a general principle lowering the IMF more than a small amount is fraught with danger, specifically a double bubble deformity and drop down of the implant.  You don't want to face this or have to live with it.  
Get opinions from experienced plastic surgeons in your area and listen carefully to their advice.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Should I consider lowering my inframmary fold rather than getting a lift

When lowering the infra-mammary fold there is a risk of developing a double-bubble phenomenon. That is where you see and feel an indentation where the natural breast ends and the implant continues below that point.

Julio Garcia, MD

Very large implants that require lowering the inframammary fold are at great risk of bottoming out and double bubble deformity. If your nipple is below the fold under your breast a lift is needed. Please read below: