IPL on face question. Any suggestions?

Hello I have had ipl on my face for second time. I did not have many spots just a couple that I was hoping would become lighter after the treatment. The results were good but after 2 weeks new brown spots have appeared that I didnt have before the treatment. They are not going to flake off and appear to be pigmentation. I have made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. Would fading cream help?

IPL

Thank you for your question Fi_Lo. IPL is a great treatment to address sun damage and dark spots. Often times people have sun damage in the deeper layers of the skin that is not visible to the naked eye. This can be seen using UV photography. After the treatment such sun damage can get darker and be apparent to the naked eye. Sometimes this flakes off and sometimes it is absorbed by the skin. The recovery can take up to two weeks, or sometimes longer. For my patients I recommend a series of 3-6 treatments every 4-8 weeks, followed by one maintenance treatment every 3 months. The use of a good skin care regimen with topical ingredients including hydroquinone, for example, will enhance the results. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician