I am 47, 70 Kilos and of stable weight and very healthy. I am considering back to back surgeries as follows.

AM one morning to have liposculpture of upper and lower abs, flanks and bra strap, then the following day at lunch time to have Inner and out Thighs + Knees and Banana Fold + Vaser Smooth to Front and back of Legs. Is this a massive deal to be undertaking. What sort of time frame before I should be able to go back to work ( Office job). My Husband is really concerned about the recovery is ther any advise you can offer me.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Your healthiness and desired recovery time suggest you are a great potential candidate for SculpSure. This in-office 25-minute non-surgical treatment eliminates up to 25% of unwanted subcutaneous fat in the tough-to-lose areas, particularly the upper and lower abs and the flanks. There is little to no recovery time. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical staging of liposuction

It may behoove you to have your surgeon help make a surgical strategy for you. There are many factors to take into consideration, such as lidocaine toxicity, fluid shifts, blood loss, etc. 

The main two safety factors for high-volume action are lidocaine toxicity and potential fluid shifts due to swelling. Lidocaine levels typically peak 12 hours after the procedure, so waiting 24 hours should decrease the amount of lidocaine in your system substantially. 

Fluid changes happen more gradually. It is possible for patients to have serious physiological consequences, including fatal outcomes, if too much or not enough fluids are given after liposuction. This typically involves liposuction procedures where more than 5 L was removed in a single session. This will probably not be the case, but it is something that needs to be reviewed with your plastic surgeon. 

Whether done with a VASER or not, liposuction is not a procedure to smooth out uneven skin. If you have not done so already, I suggest having an in-person consultation with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon. Once you're in the hands of someone with real talent, they will hopefully help you come up with a plan and help deliver the results you want. 

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposculpture on extensive area of the body

Thank you for your question. You are planning quite a lot of undertaking and I would strongly recommend to give at least 6 weeks or even more between your procedures.
Liposculpture means not just removing fat but also contouring the shape of your muscles by 'scraping fat' around them and also transferring fat to other locations where more contour projection is desired. It is much more traumatic that just simple liposuction and just local anaesthesia is not enough to control discomfort. Most doctors will use IV sedation as well.
But most importantly recovery is not quick: swelling ,bruising, pain, leakage of blood stained fluid all the factors you have to take into consideration. We conducted a study what is an average recovery time for patients to start felling comfortable - most required 2 weeks but there were patients for whom 42 days was needed.

Liposuction two days in a row

I am guessing that you are having the procedure done under local anesthesia. It seems to me you could have everything done in one setting. However, I would do it under general anesthesia. I have found patients who have come to me with previous lipo done under local by other doctors, often reporting that it was not the most comfortable or pleasant experience. Under general anesthesia, you feel nothing. With the plan you have, I will suspect that when you wake up the second day, you are not going to feel like having more surgery done again due to soreness or achiness. As far as getting back to work for a desk job, one week should be enough time. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

The Timing of Surgery

I think the timing you mentioned is fine.  It's nice to have a week or so between procedures but it's not necessary.  If the procedure is performed like I do it, then it's not a "massive deal."  I perform my liposculpture procedures without the need for general anesthesia.  This is associated with a quicker recovery and an overall decrease in risks and complications.  Likely, you'll only require a few days off of work.  You'll still be sore after a few days but an office job should be fine.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS