Can i fix my breast from being too far apart? (photo)

I have had my breast done now for nearly a year and i have noticed i have a fair bit of a gap between my breasts. I find it so hard to find a nice bra to try and have any sort of cleavage my boobs move back to the sides when i move. Even when i lie down they fall tp the side like real boob. Im wanting to know if they can be put closer together. I have also heard they can cut alittlr more of the muscle between then so the implants can fall inwards

Narrowing your cleavage

From your photographs, it appears that you have a relatively good shape to your breasts with a slight down and out positioning of the implants. It is possible that you can tighten the internal capsule and thus shift the implants more toward the midline. That should help improve your implant position and enhance the cleavage zone.Be sure to find a board certified expert in revision breast surgery before you proceed.  Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Wide gap

it appears thatyou have a nice result. A before picture would help you evaluate your status. General and normal breast placement can vary from high on the chest too low and from close together to wide apartIf your natural breast position is wide then an implant revision will not fix that crafting can provide a more full medial breast. The implants themselves are falling out of position that requires procedure to tighten the pocket. An valuation by a board-certified plastic surgeon could help answer this question in a more thorough fashion. 

Mark Eberbach, MD

Fix Augmentation of Breasts Too Far Apart

I am so sorry to hear about your unhappiness with the feeling of your final results from augmentation. There are always options when considering revision surgery and that they may be replaced and/or lifted in order to make sure that this displacement is repaired and becomes more comfortable for you. Usually the effects of aging and gravity will eventually alter the shape and size and shape of a woman’s breasts over time, and it is unfortunate that only after one year you are not happy with shape, size and placement. As a result, you may later elect to undergo a breast “lifting” to restore the more youthful shape, size, and firmness. If you decide to consult and plan out a revision you will want to talk about lift along with replacement.

Can i fix my breast from being too far apart?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients.  This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant;  it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option.

Generally, the lateral breast implant (and/or bottoming out) displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline.   In my practice, I use a 2  layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option (although not usually necessary)  especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.   I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns), helps.  Best wishes.