Are fillers my best approach for these hollow black eyes? (Photo)

The last 2 years I've noticed really hollow black eyes. I constantly get asked if I'm tired. Is fillers my best approach or is there a non invasive way?

Doctor Answers 3

Tear Trough Treatment

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Perlane still remains to be the gold standard filler to use in this area due to its high viscosity and firmness, which is required in this area to maintain the desired "filled in" shape of the periorbial region. Fractional CO2 laser may be considered for more lasting results but it is important to be mindful of potential complications including hypopigmentation to the areas treated, associated down-time, and risks of clotting, scarring and infection (all quite rare but still possible).

Sydney Physician
4.7 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think you're a great candidate for placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your tear trough (i.e., under eye) area. In this area I prefer Volbella or Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Eye hollowness

Fillers would certainly help restore volume beneath the eyes.  You might consider under eye skin resurfacing with an ablative laser as an alternative or in addition to fillers.  There is down-time associated with the laser treatment, but the results are excellent and lasting.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.