Breast Augmentation - second revision needed? (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post op, I had revision to downsize 325cc HP to 275cc MP (surgeons recommendation) also to tighten the pockets (my right side sat lower than my left) and to move the implants apart as they were too close, (a result of my chest having a mild concave) Initially he recommended internal stitching down the cleavage to correct distance, however this wasn't done. I now feel like my nipples are off centre, and i have a square bumpy/dimpled left breast, and my left side is slightly too low.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Breast Augmentation - second revision needed?

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand your concerns at this time but 4 weeks is very early after surgery to be too concerned.   As you know from your first surgery, it will take several months for the shape to soften and improve.   Try to be patient and follow your surgeon's post-op advice.   I would suggest waiting at least 6 months to evaluate the need for another revision.

Good luck.  I hope this helps.

4 weeks after revision

It is still too early to judge your result.  However, if your breast shape does not correct over time, you will likely require a revision to reposition your implants, possibly with a mastopexy type procedure to reposition your nipple to recenter your implants.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after the revisionary breast operation. As you likely know, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the revisionary surgery performed. Having said that, in the longer term, if you remain displeased about breast implant positioning and/or the position of the nipple/areola complexes on the breast mounds, additional surgery may be necessary to achieve the desired outcome.  Capsulorraphy (I think what you are referring to as "internal stitching") would serve to help space the breast implants appropriately (medially) and better position the nipple/areola complexes on each breast mound.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

How long does it take to see the final result after breast implant revision?

When Michelangelo finished sculpting and polishing David his work was complete.  Unfortunately for plastic surgeons the healing process is much longer.  Some of the concerns patients have in the first few months after surgery are techniques the plastic surgeon uses to take into account this healing process.  Sometimes when we correct things we need to "over correct" or flatten something because we know from experience that the skin or pocket will stretch almost all of the time.  After a breast implant revision with significant capsule work, it can take more than 3 months for the breast to settle.  This doesn't mean that there aren't things that can be done to help with the final shape along the way like massage or a strap, but it does mean that patience is the key.  Please discuss these concerns with your surgeon.

Samuel Beran, MD

Breast implants

It is still too early to comment on your result. It looks like your surgeon has plicated the fold onto the chest wall which has resulted in the square appearance. There is usually a good reason for this and your implants should drop into this as the scar and soft tissue soften. I would follow up with your PS and ask about massage and bra support but I would leave things 3-6 months. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon