Advice for breast lift plus augmentation - which technique is right for me? (Photo)

I m a 36B/ 36C (size 10 dress size on top and 12 on bottom) My plan is to have a breast augmentatin with silicone implants to increase my bust size to a 36D. (350-400cc anatomical implant). Would a cresent or donut lift give me enough lift with the implants? My top goal is to be perky and the right size, although minimal scarring would be amazing from a dounut or crescent lift would make me very happy. Nipple size is 3.5cm across. I am 26yrs old - haven't breast fed. Thanks for your advice!

Best Implant size with lift

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below:

Advice for breast lift plus augmentation - which technique is right for me?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for implants with a small lift as you've mentioned.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Aug/Lift?

Thanks for the photos,  Your desires can be met with a mastopexy (lift) and subpectoral  silicone implants.  THe technique for mastopexy should be decided with your surgeon, since he will be comfortable with one of the several techniques.  I prefer the crescent lift rather than the donut, because the scars tend to stretch around the nipples.  You are not very droopy, and you should be able to expect a good result.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon