5 weeks after a nipple realignment and breast augmentations and it's separating and inflamed, what should I do? (Photo)

I posted a few days ago about an issue I had with my nipple realignment I got OVERSEAS. It's getting worst by the day with more stitches (meant to be dissolvable but feel like fishing wire) pierced through my skin and the areola seperating. I've done what my surgeon has said and also gone to my local GP and got another dose of antibiotics. I can't afford to go to a local plastic surgeon here as it will cost me a fortune and I've just spent thousands on getting this done. What should I do?

5 weeks after a nipple realignment and breast augmentations and it's separating and inflamed, what should I do?

You need appropriate local wound care which is usually wet to dry dressings and topical antibiotic treatment.  If her general practitioner does not feel adequately trained to do this he will have to follow up with a local plastic surgeon.  If this superficial skin slough is not treated appropriately is certainly can worsen and expect he may need a scar revision in the future once the wound has healed.

Wound healing after mastopexy augmentation

It looks like a exuberant local tissue reaction to either suture (+/- bacterial colonization).  You will need local wound care, possibly antibiotics, and eventual scar revision.  Some people can have such reactions to suture.  Stay on top of it and see a plastic surgeon. 

Wound healing after areolaplasty

Sorry to hear about your areolaplasty healing.  It appears you have some type of wound dehiscence which essentially means that surgical incision is not healing.  This can be caused by inadequate blood supply, too much tension, contaminated sutures, or some other type of infection.  Most plastic surgeons will recommend conservative care with local dressing changes.  This will allow the body to push out anything bad that  may be in there and prevent the tension or blood supply issue from being made worse if surgical closure is attempted.  I think you will likely need to see a local plastic surgeon at least once or twice just to get the proper guidance on how to take care of your wound.  A consultation and a follow up may not be that costly compared to surgery.  A breast revision down the road may be possible once the wound has healed and the skin/scar tissue has softened up.

Good luck with the remainder of the healing process.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Incision Issues

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. This is one of the reasons I would recommend lining up local, qualified post op care if you consider having surgery overseas; because being seen in person by a qualified, board certified Plastic Surgeon is key to your health and optimal results. I recommend that you spend the money on a consultation and see a qualified surgeon for would care/incision assessment.

All the best

Breast Augmentation

I am sorry this happened. At this point I would recommend you see a local plastic surgeon and seek treatment. Your GP is not going to be able to provide adequate treatment.