Can I go back to work 16 day out from reduction and lift, I push a cart sweep mop dust, clean tables, will it hurt anything?

It is possible for some patients to go back to work 16 days after breast reduction, given that everything has healed nicely but I think this is a issue that needs to be discussed with the surgeon.  The patients are usually returned to work anywhere between one week to four weeks depending on their surgery and their situation and healing.  So the best answer to the questions is consult with your surgeon if you will be able to do that and the surgeon will give you a good answer after examining.

Return to work post reduction

Let comfort be your guide .You should be fine.I generally have patients wait 3 to 4 weeks.Iwould try to limit straining and heavy lifting for another week or two.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Returning to activity after reduction

if often up to the patient when I am their surgeon.  As long as they are comfortable doing the specified activities and nothing strenuous (where blood vessels could blow a clot and bleed), it should be fine.  As for returning with no restrictions, my patients are advised to wait at least 3 weeks after surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Recovery after breast reduction/lift

I would not advise returning to that level of activity only 16 days after your surgery. I really advise no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks after breast lift/reduction surgery.  You need to give time for incisions to heal.  Please talk to your PS about his/her recommendations.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Return to Active Labor 16 days after Breast Lift

Unfortunately, I would not recommend surgery for you if this is all the time you have to recover.   You would run a high risk of developing a complication by performing your job duties at 2 weeks postop.  I don't think you or your surgeon would want to take that risk.

I would recommend rescheduling your surgery to a time when you have 4-6 weeks to recover without active labor duties.    I will allow desk type work at 2 weeks, but anything more could harm the result.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery. 

Paul S. Gill, MD

Work restrictions after breast reduction

I usually limit a patient after a breast reduction to activities that prevent the breasts from bouncing up and down such as jogging.  You should also limit activities where you lift your are over the level of your shoulders for the first 4 weeks.  Otherwise you should be fine.  

Breast reduction and work

Congratulations on your breast reduction.  I usually limit patient strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks. Light duty can be performed usually within a week or two.

Physical limits after augmentation mastopexy

You cannot go back to your full activity after reduction and lift with the work you do! It will put too much pressure on your upper body and you risk complication. You may need at least 4-6 weeks, assuming you heal very well.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Yes of course after 16 days it is more than enough

if your breasts are greater than seize c  you  surelly will need an inverted T incition if not the case try "mastopexy augmentation 5th generation technique this modern technique  avoids incitions everything stays into upper areolL besides  avoid sensibility problems and prevent breasts cancer

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon