Found out through MRI that both my 15 yr old silicon implants are ruptured. Since it has been so long, Where do I start? (Photo)

What are some good questions to ask and what do I need to know, do I need a lift? I'm 43 yrs old, no health problems, done having kids (I have 5). I'm 4"11, 118 pounds, right implant is 425cc left is 510cc they are over the muscle. 2nd question, I'm also thinking tummy tuck with mr, some lipo on back and flanks. Are their any US doctors that can give me the long lost vixen body I would love to get back, I'm sick of looking like I'm pregnant! I posted pics of me and my "wish pics.

Search for plastic surgeon

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery(ASPS) and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see before and after photos.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

I appreciate your question.
Ruptured implants require a replacement. Given your size you wold benefit from a lift. I would also recommend a tummy tuck

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast and body surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Ruptured silicone implants: how do I proceed

You will need a capsulectomy to remove all of the leaking silicone with can add an hour or more to the procedure depending on the extent of the leak, and the ease of the dissection.  You can increase the size of your implants if you choose, and will need a breast lift to achieve the shape of the goal pictures.   An abdominoplasty could be performed at the same time, but then the total procedure would take 5 hours or more.  You should be able to get a nice result, and although the surgery is longer than a routine augmentation mastopexy and you will need drains, you should be able to get a nice result.

Ruptured Implants on MRI

The recommendation is to have your implants changed. It also appears that you will benefit from a breast lift as well. You can have liposuction of the back and a tummy tuck (Mommy make over) at the same time. These procedures could be completed in 5-51/2 hours. 

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

15 yr old silicon implants are ruptured, where do I start.

Start with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgen in your area. It will help to bring along your implnt indtification information you recieved after your breast augmentation.

Ruptured Silicone Implants

Where to start:
1. Know if your ruptured implants are intra or extra capsular. 
2. It appears you will need a breast lift.
3. Will your new implants be placed in the pre or sub-pectoral position?
4. What was the original approach to your implants- assume through the breast fold
5. Review the incisions associated with the type of breast lift your surgeon recommends
6. Discuss implant style/type and size with your plastic surgeon- fuller filled round gel implants, shaped gel, ect.  
7. Discuss the pros/cons of combining as well as staging the breast and abdominal procedures.

Jason S. Cooper, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Wanting vixen body back

I think for having had 5 kids you are in remarkably good shape. If your silicone implants have ruptured, they need to be removed. To improve your shape you would need a lift. There may be some benefit to going under the muscle with new implants. There are many variables here, and the best advice is to see a board certified plastic surgeon regarding all this.
From the pictures it appears you would benefit from a tummy tuck. As part of this your muscles will be tightened. After you have recovered from the surgery I would recommend working out your core, which will be more efficient after the TT. You should have a good result with all this.  Good luck! 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

From your photos, you will need to have the broken implants and the surrounding capsules removed. Then there are many choices. A new pair of implants can be replaced but will have a higher degree of capsular contracture. You can move the new implants under the muscle and probably need Strattice to hold them in place. Depending on the size of the implant a breast lift may be done as well to re-position the breast higher on the chest wall. A tummy tuck with lipo of hips would best correct the post chilbirth changes to the abdomen. See a qualified Plastic Surgeon with experience in these procedures. Good Luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

First, five children is a lot of work. You should be proud of yourself and them. 

Second, based on your pictures, you may be a candidate for a tummy-tuck, liposuction, and replacement of your implants. There may be some element of capsular contracture, tightening of the scar tissue around your implants. In most cases, switching from above to below the pectoralis muscle has many advantages esthetically and may lessen the recurrence of capsular contracture. You also have some implant asymmetries that should be addressed. A mastopexy (lift) would give more of a youthful shape to the breasts as well. The lift does entail incisions on the breasts. 

You do need to see a plastic surgeon experienced in revision breast surgery. Sometimes dissolvable mesh (SERI) or a collagen sheet called Strattice may be needed to support the implants. The right plan for you of course would based on a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck. Thanks for your question. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Where do I start?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is good that you have an idea of your goals.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery and body contouring. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Be sure to see plenty of before and after photos to get an idea of the range of patient experience of your surgeon. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon