Does platelet rich plasma work for hair loss? If so, how much will it cost?

Cost & Efficacy of PRP

Watch this video to see Dr. Edward Dickerson personally answer your PRP question! Get to know your options and find out if PRP is right for you.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

PRP does not always work for genetic hair loss. You need to have a proper exam and diagnosis before considering treatment optio

PRP does not always work for genetic hair loss. You need to have a proper exam and diagnosis before considering treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP for hair loss

Platelet Rich Plasma has been shown in the literature as well as in my own practice to help in the treatment of hair loss. The growth factors inside the platelets stimulate the growth of the hair follicles. See the video for one of my patient's experience. Regarding cost, this is determined by geography and by surface area treated.  

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

As a stand-alone procedure or in combination with surgical interventions such as transplants or medical therapy, PRP can be very effective in thickening hair and/or slowing down/halting hair loss. Both men and women can benefit from PRP treatments. 

I do not believe an individual who is completely bald will benefit greatly from the procedure.

Cost varies by doctor expertise and region.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does PRP work for hair loss and how much does it cost?

Yes, Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) has been shown to work on some patients for hair loss and to increase thickness. Our charge is $1100 for one syringe and $1800 if two are used. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.
PRP does work for some. Ive personally had it done and feel like it made things better.
However, its best to see someone that look at the differences of hair loss and the traetmens. 
Neograft is another great solution 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Thinning Hair -- Rogaine, Propecia, Viviscal, Progesterone, PRP

If you have thinning hair you really need an evaluation to see if it is genetic or from another cause like stress or autoimmune. If it is determined to be genetic there are many options and traditional treatments like rogaine foam and propecia pills can be used. I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp.  I suggest seeing a dermatologist for a formal consultation with expertise in hair loss. Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP and hair loss

PRP has become a very popular treatment for hair loss.  Many studies, including actual hair counts of a buzzed scalp have shown a 16-18 percent increase in hair numbers as well as increased thickness.  Patients have given positive feedback to me as well as in many reviews across the internet.  Our current pricing is 1000 dollars per injection

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon