Can I Make Periaerolar Incision with 300cc? (photo)

I'm Brazilian and I will do increase with periareolar incision tummy tuckin bum. I already went to a surgeon who would on me if it were only inframamaria, but I don't want to cut under the bosom, want a scar more discreet. My only option would be to this? or is able to make periareolar? I have an obvious asymmetry, don't know if it is because of this that my doctor said that would only inframamaria. Can you help me? Thank you already!

Can I Make Periaerolar Incision with 300cc?

Hoy! Todo bem? You should not have a problem using a peri-areolar incision for your surgery. I trained in Brazil after my residency and saw many surgeons there using the periareolar approach so keep looking....You'll find one!!!
Tchau!!!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tchau!!!

Periareolar Breast Implant Placement is THE Best Way to Perform Breast Augmentation

I am surprised your surgeon insists on placing the breast implants through a breast fold (inframammary) incision. Although I perform breast augmentation through all incisions, I am convinced that the periareolar approach is the most concealed, most versatile and most re-useable incision / scar for breast augmentation. With Brazil having such fantastic Plastic surgeons, I am sure you will have an easy time finding another great surgeon to do it for you.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Breast augmentation

If you did not have such fold asymmetry or were happy with not changing it, I would probably offer you  a breast augmentation through a tummy tuck incisionif you are also having a tummy tuck. Otherwise, a periareola appraoch is reasonable.

Breast augmentation

Periareolar incision for breast augmentation

Based on your photos, making a periareolar incision would be a reasonable choice for 300 cc size implant. Improving the asymmetry can be approached with either inframmary incision or periareolar. Most important thing is to have a comprehensive discussion with your plastic surgeon, to make sure both you and your surgeon have the same understanding.

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Breast Augmentation Incision

The surgeon who does the most breast implants in the U.S is Leonard Roudner.  He only does the periarolar incision.  Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for this approach.  I know many excellent surgeons in Brazil who do the periareolar approach.  Since I have spoken in Brazil at their meetings many times, I have personally seen their postoperative results.  I would find a qualified surgeon in your area who has a good experience with this approach.

Potential approaches to insertion include incisions in the armpit, around the areola, in the crease at the base of the breast, or even through the belly button. I let the woman decide on the location of her incision. Most women in my practice [if they have normal anatomy] choose the armpit incision because they don’t want a cut on their breasts.

You can read from the other surgeons' answers that this should be fine for you.  All the best!  "Dr. Joe"

Breast Augmentation Incision

Incisions For Augmentation

Most plastic surgeons prefer one or more incisions through which they place breast implants.  I only place implants through a periareolar or inframammary incision.  If you are most comfortable with a oeriareolar incision, you should be able to find a plastic surgeon who is willing to use that incision, especially in Brazil where there are many plastic surgeons.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Incisions For Augmentation

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Treatment of asymmetric breasts

Your posted photos show significant asymmetry with the right breast creast lower than the left and the nipple complex slightly higher and larger than the right nipple complex. The left breast crease is less distinct than the right. I think the left nipple may also be further from the midline than the right. Your sugeon may prefer cutting in the crease (inframammary approach) in order to lower the left crease and thereby improve the symmetry. You should be able to do that via a periareolar incision. The only way to move the left nipple towards the midline if that is indicated is via a periareolar incision.

You need to have more conversations with your surgeon. If he/she does not realize that the creases are at different levels and plans to make the incisions where the current creases are I do not think you will be happy with the result.

Your abdominal condition does not appear to be severe enough to justify or warrant a tummy tuck with its inherent scarring.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Treatment of asymmetric breasts

Aaron Stone, MD

Periareolar breast incision a good option

Based upon your pictures, it does appear that you would be a candidate for breast augmentation via the periareolar technique.  You do have some natural asymmetries which will likely remain after the augmentation.  There are pros and cons to each type of incision on the breast and some surgeons are more comfortable with a certain type.  If you have a desire for a certain incision location and understand the risks and benefits, then a periareolar incision should work well for you.

Periareolar Breast Incision

Based on your pictures, a periareolar incision should be possible. You may want to get a second opinion.

Periareolar Breast Incision

Incision

In your case an areolar incision does not appear to be  a problem. Your areola is large enough to facilitate placement of an implant.

Incision