Who should perform my chin and jaw augmentation?

I have seen a general plastic surgeon, but I am looking for a surgeon with more emphasis on the face. Should I see a facial plastic surgeon or a Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeon?? I really want someone who knows there stuff because I need quite a bit of work with my chin and jaw.

Doctor Answers 3

Who should perform my chin and jaw augmentation?

Of the three specialties you've mentioned (Facial Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Oral Surgery) you will likely be in good hands as long as the face, and specifically facial implants, are their focus. Seek out a facial implant expert regardless of the board certification.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Best surgeon for chin and jaw augmentation

 The experience of the surgeon is more important  than what their specialty is. Look for a surgeon who has performed many( over 500) chin implants and has a low complication rate.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Specialty not important

You need to be evaluated by a surgeon, the specialty is not important, who is qualified and has extensive experience with complete facial analysis as well as the surgery that is recommended from this analysis.  Whether you only need implants or bony surgery will depend on your analysis. 

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.