How long will my incision take to heal? (Photo)

Talk to my doctor he said to keep it clean and dry so I was wondering how long will it take to heal

Incision concern after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Recovery and Results

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

This appears to be superficial wound separation.

For a question like this, I recommend you stay in contact with your board certified plastic surgeon, keep your follow up appointments and follow all instructions.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Healing of incision

It appears from the photo that the edges have separated a little. Ask your Ps how he/she likes to help that incision along to heal more quickly. Certainly keep it clean. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Healing

Thank you for your question and photo.  The short answer is that there is no telling exactly how long it will take the wound to heal completely.  You should follow the instructions of your surgeon closely for the next few weeks and should notice the healing of your wound progressing.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

How long will my incision take to heal?

Hi, firediamond.  It seems like you have a superficial wound dehiscence (opening).  It may take 1-2 weeks for the wound to heal.  However, keep a close eye on the area to make sure that it is healing properly.  Follow your plastic surgeon closely.  Best regards.

Incision not healing

you will need to see your doctor to check that your wond is fine and also he wil need to check if there is no infection in the are of your breast surgery, this is very important to rule out future problem. Good Luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Incision appearance after Breast Augmentation

You have some superficial wound opening or dehiscence. I would want you to been seen by your doctor to ensure you don't have any current or impending deep communication with the implant pocket. That information will be the key piece in figuring out if it will heal spontaneously over the next couple of weeks with local wound care or will become something requiring more attention. Follow-up with your surgeon for an exam. Best of luck.