I just recently had a tattoo removed surgically today, what aftercare methods could I use?

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. It is best to follow-up with your provider for there specific post-care instructions. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Post surgical removal of tattoo

Usually it requires placing an antibiotic ointment on the stitches until they come out. It must be kept clean and not submerged in water. After stitches are removed, a good scar cream is recommended and possibly an Excel V laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare

I suggest speaking to your treating dermatologist as they will have suggestions for wound care. It's important to keep it hydrated, protected from the sun and prevent infection. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Wound care

Your wound is the same as any surgical wound.  Follow your surgeon's instructions regarding how long to keep the wound dry.  When you are permitted to get it wet in the shower, just let the water gently run over it and pat it dry when finished.  Do not submerge it under water until your surgeons says that is ok.