Can I do anything now to prevent lumps? I'm 2 weeks post op

Prevent lumps 2weeks after Sculptra? She didn't dilute it beforehand, she diluted it then immediately injected it

Plato's Scar Serum after Sculptra

If you are concerned about lumps, I would suggest twice daily massage with Plato's Scar Serum to help smooth out the area. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Massage

It may be too late for massage this point, but it probably can't hurt to continue. Sorry that you are going through this. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Preventing nodules after sculptra

while sculptra should be mixed 48 hours prior to injection, the longer it sits the less likely to form nodules.  i tend to like to mix it one week before the injection.  However it can be mixed a maximum of two weeks before.  the aggessive massage is also designed to help minimize any lump formation.  while it may be too late at this  point, i would suggest aggressive massage.  

Brent Birely, MD

Nodule prevention

Thank you for your question. I’m sorry to say that there’s no guaranteed way to prevent nodule formation after Sculptra injection. If properly diluted, and risk is very low. At this stage, you can attempt another round of 5-5-5 massage. Good luck!

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Sculptra and Injections

Sculptra needs to be diluted at least 48 hours before injection and then the treated area massaged five times a day for five minutes for five days.  At this point I would continue massaging the treated area as directed.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Sculptra and cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Minimizing lumps after Sculptra

Sculptra should be mixed 48 hours ahead of injection time to insure complete hydration of the material.  When less time is taken before injection the risk for lump formation is greater.  The best thing you can do at this point is to massage the entire area treated with moderate pressure for 5 minutes 4-5 times per day.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Lumps/Bumps

The sculptra should be diluted 72 hours before to get the least amount of risk, I know some doctors do 24 hours although I find it better to dilute longer and larger volumes.  Massaging and facial radiofrequency treatments like venus legacy work great to improve the sculptra and prevent any complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculptra bumps?

If Sculptra is properly diluted and allowed to hydrate at room temperature for at least 48 hours, the risks of lumps is virtually zero.  To immediately dilute and inject is not recommended by the manufacturer, is not the FDA approved process and is not standard practice of doctors who regularly inject Sculptra.  Your best bet at this point is to follow the 5/5/5 rule:  for the next five days, five times a day, for 5 minutes, ice and massage the treated areas.   This will hopefully encourage even disbursement of Sculptra particles and minimize the risk of lumps.  Massage.....massage.......massage.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon