I just had a mole removed on my upper lip. Is there anything I can use during the healing process?

Hi my name is ginger. And I just had a mole removed on my upper lip he did a shave biopsy and told me just to use Vaseline but since I scar so easily I was wondering if there's anything else I can use during the healing process thank you very much ;) 

Upper lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is one of the reasons I rarely do shave biopsies on the face. Depending on the depth of the shave, the resulting patchy scar can be more noticeable than a fine line of surgical removal. You should follow the advice of your surgeon since only they know exactly what was done and how deep.