I am 62, chronic yeast, with vaginal dryness/atrophy. Today my OB suggested Femilift. Will this enable curing the yeast problem?

Femilift. Will this enable curing the yeast problem?

Thank you for sharing.    The Femilift seems like a perfect for you.  It will improve vaginal tissue integrity, lubrication as well improve the pH balance of your vagina and therefore decrease recurrent yeast infections.

Relatively no side effects and no down time and therefore one of my favorite procedures to perform.

Healthier vaginal tissue decreases infection - MonaLisa Touch laser

Vaginal atrophy from estrogen deficiency results in many changes in the vagina that result in decreased elasticity, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and more frequent vaginal and urinary tract infections to mention a few. Restoring the vaginal tissue to a healthier state, which is the premise behind the vaginal laser therapy, will create healthier vaginal tissue as the laser stimulates the production of more collagen, elasticity, and blood flow to the vagina. This healthier tissue creates a more stable chemistry, or pH, and hence the reduction of vaginal and urinary tract infections. Yeast is a common vaginal pathogen that will overgrow as the chemistry of the vagina is altered, this can be from atrophy, antibiotics, and endocrine disorders (ie diabetes) that alter the function of normal cells. I can speak for the laser therapy I perform, the MonaLisa Touch laser, and say that the vaginal changes that occur after treatment promote a healthier vagina and women have fewer infections, and report more lubrication, less dryness, increased elasticity, and are more satisfied with their sex life. Women also report less urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, or painful urination. 

Dearest

As you know once menopause starts, vaginal atrophy is to follow.

people with vaginal atrophy are at risk of developing different type of vagina infection due to change in vagina PH.

it is proven by biopsy and clinically that FemiLift and other brands of Fractional Co2 laser can change the tissue of vagina and as result vagina is more moist and Ph is back to normal and sex is more enjoyable and not painful.

Good Luck and Best of health.

Happy Holidays

Femi Lift - bye bye yeast infections

As part of our protocol using the FemiLift, we check vaginal pH of our patients before and after FemiLift.  The pH improves markedly.  This results in a healthier vaginal environment - less yeast, less bacteria.  It is a good option.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

It will likely help

Recurrent yeast infection has to do with am imbalance of bacteria in the vagina.  There are a number of things that need to be looked at with your doctor on this.

Femilift will improve the quality of the tissue in the vagina.  Multiple studies have shown that the vaginal flora is more normal in older women after femilift, with a more acidic pH, as it should be. 

Vaginal pH balance can be restored.

The latest use of Fractional Co2 (MonaLisa and Femilift) laser to restore vaginal skin and increase the glycogen content has been shown of restore the vaginal environment with normal vaginal Lactobacilli. This is the good bacteria of the vagina canal found in the premenopausal age. These bacteria can create the acidic enviroment making yeast and bad bacteria more difficult to grow therefore reducing the risk of recurrent infections. 

Your Ob should have performed certain tests to document the type of infections and possibly offered topical vaginal estrogen prior to recommending these technologies.

On the road to vulvovaginal health after menopause: it's usually not "yeast..."

62-year-old women RARELY have "chronic yeast" infections. Have these "infections" been documented by your Gyn with vaginal exam, microscope evaluations and/or cultures. or are you and (s)he interpreting vaginovulvar itching automatically as "...yeast..." The itchiness and discomfort and dryness older women experience is usually secondary to vaginal atrophy, presently termed "Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause." FIRST, it is important to get an accurate DIAGNOSIS prior to talking about therapy. I would strongly recommend that you consider an evaluation with a gynecologist who SPECIALIZES IN MENOPAUSE, and also has training as a "Sexual Medicine Practitioner." It would also be good if she or he is savvy in usage of FemiLift or other vaginal resurfacing technologies., Only then will you get an accurate diagnosis, which will lead to proper therapy, whether it be creams/gels or high technology (laser, etc.)

FemiLift info is attached with the weblink. It may be helpful, but FIRST get a thorough evaluation by a "Certified Menopause Practitioner" (Google the term...)

Michael P Goodman,MD, NCMP, IF

Davis, CA, USA

FemiLift treats vaginal atrophy, not yeast infections

Vaginal atrophy makes the vaginal skin thin and weak. If you develop a yeast infection, even a mild one, it feels much worse than it did prior to the menopause because of this. FemiLift will treat the vaginal atrophy and make it less likely that you will be so symptomatic from mild yeast infections, but it will neither prevent nor cure yeast infections. I would recommend that you try conventional treatments for yeast. FemiLift is for atrophy, not yeast infections.