I am 62, chronic yeast, with vaginal dryness/atrophy. Today my OB suggested Femilift. Will this enable curing the yeast problem?

Femilift. Will this enable curing the yeast problem?

Thank you for sharing.    The Femilift seems like a perfect for you.  It will improve vaginal tissue integrity, lubrication as well improve the pH balance of your vagina and therefore decrease recurrent yeast infections.

Relatively no side effects and no down time and therefore one of my favorite procedures to perform.

Santa Monica OB/GYN

Femilift for chronic yeast

1. First, this is a very complicated question.
  2. The diagnosis of chronic yeast is often confusing because of other conditions which may mimic the symptoms of yeast infections.
  3. Vaginal yeast infections are actually less common in women who are postmenopausal.
  4. Cultures or special assays can be used to determine if vaginal yeast is actually present.
  5. If yeast is found on testing, providing a certain diagnosis, it would be important to be tested for diabetes, which makes someone more susceptible to yeast infections. 
  6. Symptoms outside the vagina, on the vulva, are often due to due to skin conditions from irritation or a condition called dystrophy.
  7. FemiLift treatment is expected to help with discomfort from vaginal wall thinning and I do not recommend it specifically for the treatment of chronic yeast.

Larry D. Gurley, MD
Nashville OB/GYN

Femilift

Femilift as a treatment for atrophic vaginitis may help your yeast problem. Chronic yeast infections may arise after menopause as a result of vaginal dryness as the normal vaginal environment changes. Thus correcting the dryness may cure your chronic yeast. 

Femilift for treatment of recurrent vaginal infections

Femilift is a great option for you.  I have treated many postmenopausal women with recurrent vaginal infections, and due to the increased blood flow and healthier tissue afterward, the vagina is able to maintain its normal pH and the infections are reduced or eliminated.  We have never had a dissatisfied patient!

Leslie Apgar, MD
Baltimore OB/GYN

Vaginal Laser Treatment for chronic yeast infections and vaginal atrophy

I perform Femilift Vaginal Laser treatment.  I use it for failed medical management in women with changes related to aging, such as chronic vaginal dryness, pain, urinary tract infections, laxity.  Often vaginal estrogen helps to relieve the symptoms of vaginal aging and fractional CO2 laser treatments are my back up if these are not effective, undesired or declined due to personal choice or health concerns. 

Joi Davis, DO
Pewaukee OB/GYN

Healthier vaginal tissue decreases infection - MonaLisa Touch laser

Vaginal atrophy from estrogen deficiency results in many changes in the vagina that result in decreased elasticity, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and more frequent vaginal and urinary tract infections to mention a few. Restoring the vaginal tissue to a healthier state, which is the premise behind the vaginal laser therapy, will create healthier vaginal tissue as the laser stimulates the production of more collagen, elasticity, and blood flow to the vagina. This healthier tissue creates a more stable chemistry, or pH, and hence the reduction of vaginal and urinary tract infections. Yeast is a common vaginal pathogen that will overgrow as the chemistry of the vagina is altered, this can be from atrophy, antibiotics, and endocrine disorders (ie diabetes) that alter the function of normal cells. I can speak for the laser therapy I perform, the MonaLisa Touch laser, and say that the vaginal changes that occur after treatment promote a healthier vagina and women have fewer infections, and report more lubrication, less dryness, increased elasticity, and are more satisfied with their sex life. Women also report less urinary incontinence, urinary tract infections, or painful urination. 

Kelley London, MD
Lake Forest OB/GYN

Dearest

As you know once menopause starts, vaginal atrophy is to follow.

people with vaginal atrophy are at risk of developing different type of vagina infection due to change in vagina PH.

it is proven by biopsy and clinically that FemiLift and other brands of Fractional Co2 laser can change the tissue of vagina and as result vagina is more moist and Ph is back to normal and sex is more enjoyable and not painful.

Good Luck and Best of health.

Happy Holidays

Eskandar Simhaee, MD
Great Neck OB/GYN

Femi Lift - bye bye yeast infections

As part of our protocol using the FemiLift, we check vaginal pH of our patients before and after FemiLift.  The pH improves markedly.  This results in a healthier vaginal environment - less yeast, less bacteria.  It is a good option.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

It will likely help

Recurrent yeast infection has to do with am imbalance of bacteria in the vagina.  There are a number of things that need to be looked at with your doctor on this.

Femilift will improve the quality of the tissue in the vagina.  Multiple studies have shown that the vaginal flora is more normal in older women after femilift, with a more acidic pH, as it should be. 

Nicholas Fogelson, MD
Portland OB/GYN

Vaginal pH balance can be restored.

The latest use of Fractional Co2 (MonaLisa and Femilift) laser to restore vaginal skin and increase the glycogen content has been shown of restore the vaginal environment with normal vaginal Lactobacilli. This is the good bacteria of the vagina canal found in the premenopausal age. These bacteria can create the acidic enviroment making yeast and bad bacteria more difficult to grow therefore reducing the risk of recurrent infections. 

Your Ob should have performed certain tests to document the type of infections and possibly offered topical vaginal estrogen prior to recommending these technologies.

John Hettiarachchi, DO, FACS, FPMRS
Charlotte Urologist