What is the best way to research dentists in my home state/300mi range?

I'm in dire need of dental implants and have decided on all-on-4 (or similar). Through my research, I've ruled out certain big facilities after reading many negative reviews and tentatively decided on getting the procedure done in Costa Rica due to both positive reviews and low cost. However, I haven't ruled out getting it done in the US if I can find a practice within about 300mi of my home in the FL panhandle that's both cost effective & reputable, but how do I search for dental practices?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Researching Dental Provider

Hi, thank you for your question. When researching for a dental provider for a procedure such as the All-on-4, I would recommend you start with researching doctors in the area you are looking to have the procedure done. Once you have narrowed your search done, look for reviews from patients who have had the procedure done and are happy with not only the results of the work performed, but their overall experience. It's important you seek a doctor who performs the All-on-4 on a regular basis as this procedure is not done by everyone. Medical experience as well certifications and degrees should also be verified. Good luck in your search!

Do Your Research!

If you are considering Dental Implants, the ALL-ON-4® Treatment Concept, Teeth-in-a-day or permanent dentures there are some things you should know about the Dentist, Practice, or Surgeon performing the procedure.
Do your research before making a decision;
"The Proof is in the Patients"
  • Read the reviews!
  • Ask to see “real” before and after photos (not just a few).
  • Ask to talk with previous patients.
  • Ask to see patient testimonials.
  • Ask to see the Dentists credentials.
If patients have a great experience and the Dentist meets their expectations, they should be more than happy to do this for the Dentist.
How many times has the Dentist performed the procedure? Experience is paramount in any technique-sensitive operation. Is the Dentist performing every aspect of the procedure, from implant placement, to restoration? Often times you are referred to several Dentists around town, in the end who is responsible? Do they have a state-of-the-art laboratory on site? For any facility that performs this procedure regularly this is necessary! Does the office have a knowledgeable and professional staff?
When it comes to your oral health, your self-esteem, and your overall well-being we encourage you to investigate before you decide. When it comes to Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dentistry sometimes we get what we pay for, unlike buying paper-towels, or laundry detergent, where sometimes the “bargain brand” will do, making an investment in your-self should never be a sacrifice.

All on 4 choices

Congratulations on taking such a big step on your oral health! All on 4 is a great options for both aesthetics and improved chewing efficiency! As mentioned, when determining the team that will complete this work for you it is important to consider follow up care. If the need arises it is critical to be able to get in a get taken care.of. Generally this procedure is completed by a team made up of an oral surgeon, a restorative dentist and a dental lab. The first step in the process is usually selecting a restorative dentist. He or she will be able to connect you with the rest of the team. It is important that all the providers can work well together, coordinate schedules and have ready communication.
Consider contacting the rep for Nobel Biocare in your area. This individual will know providers in your area that have done this procedure before and may be able to guide you! 
Best wishes!

Lori Ross Tijerino, DDS
Pleasanton Dentist

ALL ON 4

Dental Tourism is a very well known thing to do,and many patients travel form USA, and Canada abroad to perform dental procedures.
ALL ON 4  is a trade mark form NOBEL, and developed by Dr. Malo,
and if you are looking to perform this procedure, that is an advanced procedure, the only original brand is NOBEL.
I don't think they performed at the university.
prices may vary, and you can even get it done in India, if price is an issue.
there are other places also, 
its a very simple procedure , that can be performed within just a couple of days.
if the doctor , knows it, and has done several of them.
also if he uses the original brand, and protocol, there is a protocol , 
so you can ask if they follow this?
my suggestion, is that rather seeing things in internet, that anyone can write, you should talk to real patients with had this procedure done, 
any doctor you choose, might have some patients which you can talk to,. and also video, video is the most real easy thing to confirm of a doctor has experience on it, or not.

All on 4

Complications can/may occur from major surgery... Who will followup your care? Usually, there is also recovery time after surgery (i.e. Bleeding, swelling, etc)...Do you plan on staying in Costa Rica for an extended period of time?

Suggestion: Stay local

You may want to try the dental schools in Florida:

NOVA
Univ of Florida
LECOM

Work is supervised by licensed dentists and, actually, the workup/diagnostics would be reviewed by MANY staff, students, surgeons, etc. You will have to be seen in the graduate specialty programs. Costs are usually subsidized anywhere from 20 to +40% of average private practice fee schedules.

Hope that helps!

Ace Jovanovski, DMD
Round Rock Prosthodontist

How to search for a dentist to do your procedures

I have asked many patients what they felt were the most helpful ways to find a dentist that provides high-quality care and has great chair-side manners.
The overwhelming majority of responses have been Internet research on sites such as RealSelf.com, Google, RateMDs.com and Healthgrades.com

I hope you found this information to be helpful,Dr. Champagne

Reserach dentist in your area

you may visit some dental associations as american dental association or american academy of implant dentistry where you can find a doctor near in your area.

About reviews or reputation its not shown at these dental association websites, but at least you can have an evaluation of the costs and compare price, quaity, brand of dental implants, quality of materials used for your dentures, etc

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Dentist within 300 mile range

I would highly discourage you from having such an involved procedure done so far from home. If any problems arise from the surgery or with your appliance it isn't an easy situation to visit the dentist. I would encourage you to ask friends who have had this procedure done who they used. Personal referrals are always the best. Another option is the local and state dental association or the state board. Ask them if they have any suggestions. You could also look on both the prosthodontic and periodontic associations websites. If you are in the panhandle you are also close to Alabama and Georgia so you may have additional options. Save Costa Rica for your vacation.