Is this normal after laser hair removal? (photo)

Is this normal? Picture was taken about 1 hour after laser hair removal treatment. Is it always going to look like this after treatment?

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to laser hair removal. It appears that perifollicular swelling has occurred and can be common after treatments, although it is hard to say 100% base on the lighting of your photo. It is best to follow-up with your provider who performed your treatment and follow post-care instructions. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Redness Relief after Laser Hair Removal

It's difficult to tell from your photo. This is might be caused by irritation of the hair follicles in the treated area and may be easily treated with a mild cortisone preparation. I suggest contacting your Dr about after care. Best, Dr. Emer

Normal appearance after laser hair removal?

It probably is normal. I see some redness and bumps. Perifolliclular swelling is what causes the bumps and is a sign of a good treatment. It might be a bit too red. Make sure you ice this. Topical steroids can help as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD