How much Juvederm would I need? (Photo)

I want big lips. Not like Lisa Rinna but more like Kylie Jenner (I know I know). The rest of my face is pretty big and I have defined features all except my mouth which is disproportionately small. And I just like bigger lips in general. I'm trying to gauge how much I would need so I can make a budget. I've seen before and afters with one syringe and I hardly notice a difference.

Lip augmentation

One syringe of Juvederm Ultra will provide a wonderful augmentation of your lips. If you were to have more than one cc, you would be more likely to develop swelling and hematomas that could last a week or more, or even more serious complications. I do not believe patients should have to suffer through a week or more of swollen lips and that it is better to add more filler about two weeks later if needed than to increase the risk of serious side effects by injecting large volumes in a single session. 

Juvederm

Hi foorayhackeysackey
I would recommend starting off with 1cc syringe of juvederm ultra xc.  You can always go back and add more.  Keep in mind you will have swelling after your injections.  It is always better to start off slow if this is your first time doing injections.  Best of luck to you

How much Juvederm would I need

Thank you for submitting your question.  You have a good foundation and only would need 1 syringe.  Consult with a board certified injector.  Best Wishes.

Plump Lips

I would start with 1 cc of filler..You can use Juvederm or Restylane .
You can always add more over time.
Usually 1 cc syringe should be adequate for a great result..

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips

I would advise 1 cc Voluma with a microcanula , Dermasculpt technique , if you're happy after 2 wks that's great if not consult your injector , remember ' Less is More '

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

Lip Rejuvenation With Fillers

A formal consultation is needed, I suggest using fillers to get a result with less swelling and bruising.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvaderm for Lip Augmentation

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  For your first time, I would start with one syringe and see how you like it.  If, after a couple weeks, you find that you want more augmentation, you can add a second syringe.  I hope this information is helpful.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many syringes of filler do I need for my lips

I would start with one syringe of Restylane. And add a second a few weeks later if needed. A 1ml syringe has less than a 1/4 teaspoon of material - which is not a lot and why you won't see dramatic crazy differences with a single syringe usually. But for a first time patient, getting two syringes right away can just be too much. So budget for two but start with one. Remember that fillers are something you have to maintain so you will probably need to get these done every 6-8 months, so that's a budget you will want to continue to have.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

How much juvaderm

I would start with one and see if you like it and if so you can go back and get a second syringe.Why waste money if one or 2 will do.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler

Start with one syringe and you can always add more.  There is no need to make a commitment to 2 syringes before your treatment.  Be well.  

Estee Williams, MD