I am 9 weeks post Tummy tuck, about reconstruction, and hernia in belly button fixed. My lower left abs are throbbing a bit.

My bottom left abs feel weird during and after working out. When I push to use the restroom it's like they're throbbing somewhat. Is this normal? My doctor said I should be able to use my abs now during workouts and while im not going heavy at all yet like usual or doing ab workouts I am flexing them a bit like a normal exerciser would. Is this a problem?

Pain after tummy tuck

This throbbing pain that you experience after contraction of your abdominal muscles even several months after abdominoplasty is not uncommon. It usually represents  some degree of spasm to the muscle after it's been repositioned with the tummy tuck. I would tell our patients to start their abdominal workouts slowly after two months or so working up to what they had done in the past over several months. Congratulations on your surgery.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery!  What you may be feeling after an abdominal work out is some subtle muscle spasming or twitches which is common after a muscle repair tummy tuck.  These symptoms will spontaneously resolve given enough time but if you have noticed worsening of the throbbing or a change in your stomach's appearance see you surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps.

Left Abs Throbbing?

After a #tummytuck I normally recommend patients wait 6 weeks to resume normal activity including exercise so after two months, you should be #healed enough to be working out.  

Your stomach muscles have been tightened, so some discomfort is normal as you heal and get used to the changes in your body.

Take it easy; don't push yourself too much.  If you have more concerns, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (9 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Sounds like you might need to be seen by your chosen operative surgeon to see if there is a serious issue?