I am 18, turning 19 in October 2016. I am 200lbs. My height is 5'9 and I have 38H breast. Am I eligible?

I have shoulder pains, back pains, along with nerve pains my lower back that often make me have to stop what I'm doing and breathe because of the pain. I have indentions in my shoulders from my bra.

Benefits from breast reduction in Melbourne, Florida

My Melbourne, Florida, breast reduction patients who are overweight, have large breasts, and back, neck, and shoulder pain do tend to benefit greatly from breast reduction surgery.  Insurance plans vary greatly as to their requirements to meet in order for coverage to occur and therefore, you will simply have to get a referral from your doctor to someone in your plan to further investigate this.  I hope this was helpful.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Hi. As far as your age, height, weight , and bra size, it certainly sounds like you could benefit greatly. I recently performed a breast reduction on an 18 year old. It's probably the most rewarding breast surgery that I perform. The patients are so grateful. You are young and the situation will only get worse for you. The other questions you need to ask, ( which I am sure your mom has) is "Will my beasts continue to grow? What happens when I have kids? How big will my breasts get? Will I be able to breast feed? ". These are all questions I like to address with the patient .

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office, as in others, we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. The surgen can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Good luck

Dr. PG