Extra breast tissue and removal? (Photo)

I have noticed these bulges below my breasts since puberty. After looking around online I saw they may be just extra breast tissue. How would I have this removed, would liposuction be my best option? I have noticed that the lumps change size and have gotten larger even after losing weight.

Body Contouring: Information

Dear Ms. Mikaylashayne,

Thank you for your story, questions and photos. Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based your photos.

You have two options:
1) liposuction followed by RF (VelashapeIII or Thermi) to shrink the skin 
2) direct excision of skin and fat

I recommend that you schedule several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally a members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Breast irregularities

As much as we would like to tell you just how to treat these over the internet, it really wound take an in-person consultation to give you the best advice.  It is possible that liposuction may decrease the bulk in the area enough to alleviate the problem but you may have excess skin.  Sometimes it is worth the extra incisions to have the skin removed to improve the contour.  Much of what we do as plastic surgeons is trading off the length of the scar for a better contour.  This is particularly true on the breast.

I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are quite a few of us in Pensacola so you should not have a hard time having it evaluated.  In our local market, it is unlikely that insurance would cover this.  They tend toward considering this a cosmetic issue.

Good luck to you.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Extra breast tissue and removal?

In order to determine a diagnosis and the treatment plan- it is my opinion that you will need- an in person physical examination. I would seek a Board Certified PS to initiate this process.

The removal of accessory breast tissue

Liposuction it could be an option though you may do much better with a direct excision removing a small bit of skin with the breast tissue.

Consult for the board-certified plastic surgeon who can do an examination and give you a more precise answer.

In general any breast tissue removed should be sent for evaluation by a pathologist.

This procedure could potentially be covered by insurance so if you have medical insurance ask your plastic surgeon to try to get preauthorization for the procedure.

Some plastic surgeons may not be willing to do the procedure based on insurance reimbursement since it tends to be very low. Medical insurance may also deny this as a cosmetic procedure but it maybe worth trying.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Extra breast tissue and removal?

A combination of SmartLipo Triplex with Lipo under sedation/local anesthesia. Than external Thermi 250 RF therapies 6 sessions. Fee in $5,000 range.

Extra breast tissue

Breast tissue and nipple/areola tissue located in the inframammary fold area is surprisingly common. The degree of yours is less common. In my experience, this typically rather firm tissue is best removed by direct excision with predictable/lasting results. It may be possible to remove with liposuction depending on your exam.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Lumps under breasts

I would seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is board certified and get examined.It looks like this area of extra tissue would possibly be eliminated with lipo.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon