What are the costs for transformation MTF?

I am 28 yrs, weigh about 285-300lbs, & I'm 5'8. I have opened up to a friend about wanting to become mtf. She is supporting me on my decision and we both have talked about it for a few days now. Sadly, I have very low income and wondering if there are payment plans for this? I am wanting to get my foot in the right direction in getting this started.

Breast augmentation

Firstly, based on your stats, you may want to consider losing some weight before undergoing elective cosmetic surgery. To reduce health-related risks during the procedure, it is best to have a BMI of 30 or less and to have maintained a stable, healthy weight for at least 6 months prior to your surgery. Once you have reached a healthy weight, I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. In regards to cost, that varies depending on location and the surgeon. I can tell you that the RealSelf average for a MTF breast augmentation is between $6,000-$7,000. I would ask during your consultation about financing options, most practices will offer payment plans such as CareCredit. Best of luck!
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

MTF Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.  Most offices offer financing  - Care Credit, Alphaeon. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon