How to correct asymmetrical breasts? (Photo)

I'm 18 years old, never been pregnant. My left breast sags a lot more than my right. I would like to have more symmetrical breasts. I was wondering if I would just need a breast lift. I don't exactly want larger breasts, I just want them more even and perky.

I think you would do awesome with a lift alone

I'm not sure I would classify you as having tuberous breasts- that's a pretty hard call without examining and taking some measurements.  I think, in my hands, you would do great with only a lift.  If you wanted to be bigger, you can ALWAYS come back later and add an implant.  Since that isn't a huge concern for you, I don't think you need the added risk and cost of an implant.  You should look fantastic with a lift by itself.  Hope this helps.
-JGH

Since you are pleased with your volume a mastopexy or breast lift without implants would give you a significant improvement in the appearance of your breasts.
The right side appears to be larger and a small reduction on this side would help improve your symmetry.
Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be sure you like their before and after photos because aesthetic tastes differ from surgeon to surgeon.
Best of luck with your surgery!

How to correct asymmetrical breasts?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Assymetrical Breasts

You have a pathology that is called tuberous breasts that could be corrected by performing a breast lift with anatomic or round implants. The position of the implant, if it goes over or bellow the muscle, is determined in the medical evaluation.I hope my answer will help you to your question. Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Lift

You likely would benefit from a small implant and a lift of some sort. You would best be seen in person to provide a proper evaluation.

Breast lift will accomplish your goal

Breast lift alone with some adjustments to both breasts will create symmetry between your breasts. Implants are only optional and only needed if patient wants larger breasts. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Why Are My Breasts So Unusual Looking & What Would It Take To Correct Them?

You have Type I tuberous breasts with ptosis.  This is perhaps the most complex constricted breast to correct.  It has been my experience that breast lifting without implant placement will not fully correct your anatomic breast configuration.  
In the Type I tuberous breast, you are missing the inferior medial portion of the breast (the bottom of the breast closest to the sternum).  This is the reason your breasts hang down with a slant to the outside.  There are several different kinds of lifts available to a well trained Board Certified plastic surgeon to correct your droop.  However, nothing but a silicone breast implant will fill out the inner lower quadrant of your breast.  
Your nipples have a pouty appearance due to herniation of your breast tissue into the nipple areolar complex.  In the lifting process, to eliminate this pouty appearance to your nipples, a plastic surgeon will use a unique suture called the dermal anchor suture which will allow your nipple areolar complex to be flat.  I apologize for being so anatomically specific, but I want you to understand that your breasts are not merely asymmetric or droopy.  On the other hand, a well trained Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in the surgical correction of tuberous breasts should be able to give you an outstanding result.  
Your contacting RealSelf was an excellent first step.  Continue to do your research.  Florida has some of the best Board Certified plastic surgeons in the country.

Breast lifts

SInce you like your size, breast lifts will help give them a perky appearance and even up the nipple-areola position.  It appears that one may be larger, and so some tissue may have to be removed from the larger side to match the smaller side.
Therefore, you want to make sure you would be happy with both breasts being the size of the smaller breast.  If not, then you may want to also consider breast implants.
Consult with a real board certified plastic surgeon experienced in this area.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Asymmetric Breasts

Yes, since your breasts are the size you desire, all you need to correct them is a lift. Without an exam, it is impossible to know what type of lift each breast needs, as each would have to be tailored to the specific amount of droop since it is different. Other modifications would need to be done if the breasts are also different sizes.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

To regain symmetry a full breast lift with smaller different volume implants will be very useful. Seek plastic surgeon in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS