Unhappy with Dental Crown; dentist used pressed to metal crown - too large, color does not match. (photo)

I had a cap placed on a front center-bottom tooth yesterday. The dentist used a pressed to metal crown. I assumed that was the best option because he never discussed what kind of cap it was with me. Anyway, I have the cap on and it is noticeably darker and noticeably larger than my other teeth- I told him it was too large before I left. I am now wondering if this type of crown is substandard for front teeth and whether it should be re-done ? His other work was great, so I just trusted him.

Dental crowns

A porcelain fused to metal crown (PFM) is not substandard. A PFM crown can be made to perfectly match form, size, and color. It is not possible to judge dental work without knowing clinical details and other treatment circumstances. I would suggest a follow up with your dentist to discuss your concerns. Good luck

Crown shape and color

Hi:

Judging from the photo it appears the color match and size is off.  Unfortunately in order to address your concern you most likely have to change the crown.  I normally recommend all porcelain crown for front teeth. At this time its best to return to your dentist and voice your concerns.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Unhappy with large, pressed to metal crown #DrSoftTouch

Your photo is a bit blurry, but your crown does appear to be a bit bulky and the shade is not a great match. The best thing to do is return to the dentist who placed your crown to discuss your concerns. Unfortunately, to reduce the bulkiness and correct the shade of your crown, the current crown would need to be removed and a new crown would need to be made. Be sure to okay your crown before having it permanently cemented. That way, any necessary changes easily be made. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.