What's the approximate healing time for breast reduction tissue necrosis wound? What should I do to promote healing? (Photo)

I'm 5wks post-op breast reduction & concerned about how my right breast is healing. At 2 days post-op, a blister developed under the right breast at the 'T' incision point, it soon turned into an opened wound with the middle black & hard. At 2 wks post-op my surgeon removed the black/hard tissue which he explained to be dead tissue due to insufficient blood flow to that area. I'm left with an open wound & instructed to apply Saf gel & dress 2x daily. He said it's healing ok but will take time.

What's the approximate healing time for breast reduction tissue necrosis wound? What should I do to promote healing?

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. These wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound;  this process usually takes several weeks/month to occur, depending on the size of the wound.  Sometimes, depending on the size of the wound, a "wound vac" may be helpful. Hopefully you will be seeing your plastic surgeon on a frequent basis; he/she will be in the best position to evaluate your progress. Occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process. Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.  Sometimes revisionary surgery ( for example scar revision) may be necessary to improve the outcome and/or breast symmetry.

Straight Answers

Three months in a non-smoker and six months or more if you smoke.
The wound does appear to be healing well.

Sorry for your post operative issues. Healing for that photo posted wound could take 3 months. I recommend aggressive wound care, caloric intake increase, wound van, and possible use of PRP+AFSC infusions (cost for this is $$$s). Good Luck. 

Wound Healing by Granulation

This wound is well on its way to healing.  Healing of this type can take several months before the area is covered and the scar is contracted.