Now that sientra is back on the market, is it a safe brand to choose for silicone implants?

Has sientra been proved after the FDA investigation to now be a safe implant? Would you recommend the brand?

Good to go!

Hello I Know Victoria's Secret,Thank you for your question. Yes Sientra is back on the market and they have been very successful since their return. Sientra is the top and only FDA-approved 5th generation round breast implants that has the consistency of a "gummy bear." They carry High, Moderate Plus and Low Projection smooth round implants that provide strength and softness. I am a true believer that this is a one of a kind implant that gives a nice natural result. I hope this was helpful. 
Kouros Azar M.D.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Safety of Sientra implants

Sientra implants are wonderful, you should have no worries about them at all.  The company pulled them off the market voluntarily for a short period and they are now back.  Sientra is a solid company which has consistently placed patient safety above financial gain.  Best wishes.

Sientra Implants

As other surgeons have noted, Sientra implants were never unsafe, and were never pulled off the market by the FDA.  Sientra voluntarily put their implants on hold out of "an abundance of caution" when some sterile particles were found on the implants.  This decision showed me that the company places patient safety over profits. The microscopic sterile particles in question were investigated, and shown to be a routine finding on all implants (not just Sientra's), and a non-issue with regards to efficacy and safety.  I use Sientra implants on a regular basis and appreciate the high quality they provide for my patients.

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Brand

The FDA never required Sientra to remove their breast implants from the market.  It was a decision made by the company to display the utmost of caution.  The Sientra implants are available and I would definitely recommend the brand and use them in my practice.  You should get the implant that best suits your body.  It can be Sientra or the other approved implants on the market.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Implants are safe

Hi, thank you for your question.  Yes, Sientra implants are safe. They did a voluntary withdraw and have been back on the market for several months again. They are a very safe implant. They are only offered to Board Certified Plastic surgeons (or board eligible).  They have both smooth and textured implants, round and shaped. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Good Luck to you.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Sientra

Thank you for your question. Sientra has been back on the market for several months. They are FDA approved and safe to use. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who frequently performs cosmetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sientra Safety

Thanks for your question regarding Sientra breast implants.  Yes, these implants are safe to use and provide many nice options for patients looking to receive a textured or smooth implant. Even before their voluntary withdrawal from the market, Sientra has consistently  ensured that safety is their highest concern and actively study patient outcomes to provide sound evidence that their product offers a great choice to patients and doctors.  Sientra offers their products only to board certified and board eligible plastic surgeons so find one of these surgeons in your area to have further discussions.Wishing you all the best,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Sientra implants are a safe option

The temporary withdrawal of Sientra implants was voluntary, and the FDA never stated any concerns about safety. They are an excellent option and the company has raised the bar on standards for the industry.

Richard Baxter, MD

Are Sientra implants safe to use

The short answer is "absolutely". Sientra voluntarily removed their implants from the market until the investigation proved that they remained safe to use. There has never been any reported problems related to the complaints that caused them to stop selling. As stated by a colleague already, the only problem with them is that they do not offer as large of implants as the other 2 companies. As long as you do not need a large amount of volume, Sientra implants are an excellent choice.

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Sientra is unequivocally the best highly cohesive gel on the market with ....

the most solid warranty.  Speaking from experience, this implant is the strongest, softest, and come in both shaped and round forms.  The only knock is that the line is in the process of offering larger sizes.  I have used thousands of Mentor and Allergan devices.  Sientra is the go to, if the size is right!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon