Could necrosis start at the center of the nipple or is this normal color fluctuation? (Photos)

I had a BL/BA 8 days ago. Don't feel great but then again I didn't rest like I should. Slowly starting to feel better. I noticed today the tip of my nipple isn't the pink it was yesterday and of course I worried it was the start of necrosis. It is the same for both nipple only attached pictures of one.

Could necrosis start at the center of the nipple or is this normal color fluctuation?

Based on the time frame and photographs, you do not have necrosis of the nipple ( or nipple/areola complex). Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Possible nipple necrosis

Thank you for your question. Looking  at your photos you appear to be healing well. Your nipple and areola are pink and well perfused . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Could necrosis start at the center of the nipple or is this normal color fluctuation

Based on your pictures, everything seems to be healing very well. You do not show signs of necrosis. Any concerns should be brought to your surgeons attention. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Nipple issue

Based solely on the photos, it does not appear that you have nipple necrosis issues. If you have any concerns, you are best to see your surgeon.

Nipple necrosis

based upon your photos you do not have nipple necrosis in your photos, realize if you were to have nipple necrosis it typically happens soon after surgery(first couple of days).