Can a 2nd mini lift cause broadening of the face? (Photo)

I had a mini lift with partial buccal fat pad removal. I had a perfect result making my round chubby face sleek and sculpted. But my 2nd mini lift has caused my face to almost look wider and i have some lumps. Could this be from scar tissue?

Possible Swelling

Hi there,
You did not mention the time in between your two surgeries so the uneven areas on the surface of the skin could possibly be swelling. It is best to go and follow up your plastic surgeon for an evaluation of your face because he would know the healing phase of your procedures. In general, a mini lift should not cause the face to look wider.
Good luck!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a 2nd mini lift cause broadening of the face?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  A mini lift that not usually make your face wider.  You didn't say how long ago you had your mini lift, but chances are that it is probably swelling and will gradually go down.  Definitely, something you should discuss with your surgeon.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Can be swelling

Thanks for the photos.  This could be swelling from the surgery and will go down with time.  You did not mention the timing for the first and second surgeries. 
Recheck with your PS for an evaluation.

Mini facelift

Mini facelift should not make the face wider.
Need to review what was done and in person examination then a plan for repair can be formulated

Hard to say without exam, also how long post op are you? Did your surgeon do fat grafting? You look a bit swollen to me. Best to check in with your surgeon, good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Minilift results

How far out from you facelift are you ? How many years apart are the pictures ? Has there been any significant weight gain between the pictures ? 
Answers to these questions will help add insight to whats going on. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS