What is the ideal weight to get breast implants?

There is no idea weight for breast implant as every woman is different.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Ideal weight for breast surgery

Thank you for your question. The best is to have an stable weight within the safe range with a BMI below 30 to minimize risks during surgery. The closer you are to your goal weight the best your results would be. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure.  Don’t settle for less!

Implants and weight

There is not ideal weight to have breast implant surgery. You would've to be evaluated in person to see if you are a candidate.

Ideal weight for implants

It is important to realize that the ultimate breast size and shape depend upon so very many variables.  A 300 cc implant on a petite woman with a thin frame may look quite large, but that same implant in an overweight woman may be barely noticeable.  Size and shape of the result depend upon the volume of the implant, the shape of the implant, if it is over or under the muscle, your skin and its resilience, stretch marks, the degree of breast sagging, chest circumference, amount and distribution of the natural breast tissue, etc.  For this reason, it is impossible to give reliable advice based simply upon height and weight, or even photos. 
The only way to approach reliable predictions is with an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon, the use of sizers, 3-D imaging, and most importantly, relying upon the skill, expertise, and experience of your chosen  Board-Certified Plastic surgeon.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

There is no one ideal body weight for all patients. Best for you to be closest to your ideal goal weight, a healthy weight that you can maintain. Good luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, it is in patient's best interest to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing elective breast surgery. Although weight loss will not have a direct effect on your breast implants,  significant weight loss may affect the appearance of your breasts in general. It is difficult to predict how a specific young lady's breasts will change with weight loss; how the breasts were affected historically with weight loss may be  the best indication how you will do.

Generally speaking, significant weight loss can lead to some change in breast tissue (and/or nipple/areola) position;  this “sagging” is called breast ptosis medically. Sometimes, patients who lose weight will have a smaller amount of breast/soft tissue coverage overlying the breast implants; this change in breast anatomy may lead to a greater degree of breast implant palpability and/or rippling.  In these cases, the breasts may also appear smaller.
I hope this, and the attached link, help. 

Ideal weight to get breast implants

The question and answer is more: Are you at your ideal stable weight? Significant weight change – 10% or more of your body weight – can possibly change the result of your surgery. I like to show woman before and after pictures of patients who are similar to them in height, weight, frame, and starting breast size to help assist them in figuring the size look (not the cup size) they desire. Every picture has the size implant that I used, so I  know which implant to order to achieve that look for her. Hope this helps. To see pictures of women similar to you, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon