I want a lift for sure, but would I be a good candidate for breast reduction with a lift? (Photos)

So I'm not 100% sure what size I am because whenever I go to Victoria's Secret they always measure me as DDD but I feel like that's off. I would like to be a full C. With a really nice lift. I like the natural look a little more than an augmented look. But I'm concerned that after just a lift my breast tissue will just pull my breast low and cause them to sag again. So is it possible to achieve that size(C) and shape for my breast? And will I need the assistance of a reduction? Thank you!

Lipo-lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I want a lift for sure, but would I be a good candidate for breast reduction with a lift?

Breast sagging that occurs with age, weight gaining or loss and pregnancy. This situation may cause aesthetic problems and lack of confidence. Breast lifting surgery is intended to correct sagging and providing a better position and firmness. Sagging can be fixed also by incisionless way of skin tightening, The Spider Web Aesthetics.  In the Spider Web Aesthetics, absorbable medical sutures are placed via very fine needles under the skin triggering the body itself to produce collagen and cell regeneration. The cell regeneration and collagen production results with tightening and regeneration of skin. The Spider Web Technique can also be combined with implants and autologous stem cell enriched fat transfer.

Why should I have a mammoplasty operation?

If you have sagged breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast lifting operation. Breast sagging is an indicator of aging in women.  Women always seek for a firmer, perpendicular and well-shaped breasts. Breast lifting operations are mainly designed to give a younger and better look to breasts.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lift and reduction

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well!

Getting both procedures at the same time also has the benefit of making the recovery as efficient as possible. Rather than going through two recovery periods (lasting a few weeks each), patients can simply go through one recovery period. In fact, the entire process becomes more efficient and, therefore, saves the patient costs (not only in terms of recovery, but also in terms of anesthesia, hospital expenses, care expenses and so on). Of course, you should always consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to ensure you are healthy enough to combine procedure.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Would I be a good candidate for breast reduction with a lift?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your images you would be an excellent candidate to breast reduction, this would give you a full C and a natural look.

Hope hear from you soon , best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Candidate for Breast Lift with Reduction

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Breast Lift and Breast Reduction

You are a good candidate for a breast lift with a small breast reduction to achieve a full C.  Suggest you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Would you be a candidate for a breast lift?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a mastopexy

Lift/ reduction

Thank you for your question and photo. You appear to be a very good candidate for a breast lift with an anchor type incision. A breast lift performed in this fashion, is, in effect. a modest reduction as skin and breast tissue is removed to help elevate the nipple /areolar complex and contour the breast. Your wish pictures are a bit unrealistic as they are of women with little breast tissue and a large implant which is providing the majority of the volume and shape of the breast.

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in breast surgery in your area. 

Breast lift, breast reduction, or lift with implants

Many patients who have larger breasts with significant ptosis (droop) can consider one of three options: breast reduction, breast lift (mastopexy), or lift with implants. The decision depends on physical factors (e.g., how much droop is present, how much breast tissue there is) and patient goals (do you want to be larger or smaller? Do you want an augmented look). 

Based on your pictures, you have significant breast volume and fairly pronounced ptosis, so you would likely be a good candidate for a lift without an implant. You could actually consider a small volume vertical reduction, which removes a small amount of tissue from the lowest part of the breast to aggressively tighten and lift. 

Obviously, determining the best option for you involves a thorough consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well versed in the subtleties of these options. 

Best of luck. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Reduction and Lift

Your goal photos are of women with tight skin and minimal breast tissue over implants. In order to achieve that kind of result, you would need to remove a lot of your own breast tissue and place an implant. This is an operation that is safe and effective at achieving that kind of result in the hands of a surgeon that does them frequently. Anything less, like a lift and implant, or just a lift, will not come close to that appearance. What might seem contrary, specifically removing your own breast tissue and replacing it with implant, is for the express purpose of recreating the implant to breast tissue ratio seen in your goal photos. It is this ratio that dictates the appearance of an operated breast, from 'natural' to 'fake'. 

Whether you choose a reduction/lift/implant, or just a lift, you want an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery to do the procedure for you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS