I already have implants, but gravity has won. Could someone with implants have a breast lift?

Can i have implants after breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  Absolutely you can have implants after a breast lift.  Many women have the two together at the same time and some wait .  Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  Good luck.

Breast lift

Yes, a person with implants can have a lift. Sometimes the implants are exchanged at the same time. Best of luck.

Breast lift and implant

You can certainly have a breast lift weather you have had an implant before or not. If you have sagged due to oversized implants, you may want to consider downsizing implants at the same time to lessen the chance of recurrence of the sag. Good luck.

Breast lift

A lift can be performed after implants depending upon your exam.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. It is common and safe to have a breast lift even if you already have implants.  This is frequently performed and can have a nice result in the appropriate patient.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Could someone with implants have a breast lift?

Yes,  breast lift is certainly possible.   Exactly what should be done with your current implants will depend on many factors.  For example, if the breast implants have been in place for a relatively short period of time and are inappropriate position etc., then the implants may be able to remain in place. However, if the implants are older, are not in appropriate position, or are not appropriate size, then replacement may be indicated.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate youe goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

A breast lift when you already have breast implants

Absolutely. A breast lift operation is about tightening and reshaping your breasts and this is done by removing excess stretched skin. The implant beneath does not have to be disturbed. Consultation in person with a plastic surgeon will give you an even better idea of what can be accomplished and how it will be done. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon