Would like breast lift with no implants, would an auto augmentation work for me? For a more firm and more perky look? (Photos)

I'm 18 years old and I have pretty saggy breast and very big Areolas. It's very hard for me to wear bras and sports bras make them very tender so I really want a breast lift. But I feel like my breast are big enough that I won't need implants. But I came across this thing called auto augmentation, and I was wondering if that would be a good decision for me and if I would be a good candidate for it, because I was my breast very round at the bottom and perky.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question based on your photos which show a great deal of ptosis (sagging), a breast lift with an anchor incision would be best.  This would lift your breasts and nipple positions and make your breasts rounder and perkier.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Auto Augmentation Breast Lift

Thanks for the question and pictures.  

You are correct in that you would very much benefit from a breast lift; which would give you smaller areolas and a perkier appearance and location to your breasts.  Auto-augmentation is a technique were during your breast lift, the lower part of your breast tissue is placed in the upper pole to give you more fullness on top.  I think you are a great candidate for the procedure. Get evaluated by a plastic surgeon who's familiar with the technique and learn more.  Good luck!

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Would an augmentation work for you?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Yes, you would benefit from a full lift. The question about the implants depends on what your final size goal is. If you like your current size, then no implants are necessary. 

Just do the lift. A well done lift will give you good shape. it will not be "implant round". If you are hoping for more fullness and size, then an implant would be needed as well. If you are on the fence and can't decide, you can always opt for the lift first and then come back in the future if you wanted to add implants. 

A lift will also reduce the size of the areola to better match the size of your breasts. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions. As always, it's best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor. Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Without Implants

Good afternoon, thanks for a very clear description, and your photos.

Though the specifics of your goals are best articulated in a face to face consultation, fundamentally you will be a good candidate for a lifting procedure and you will not need to consider implants.

The exact incision and whether all your breast tissue is conserved and re-positioned (auto augmentation) or if some will need to be removed, depends on your specific breast size goals and your skin and tissue characteristics.

Sit down with an experienced certified Plastic Surgeon and I'm sure there is a plan that you can be comfortable with.

Take care.

Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  Auto-augmentation is definitely possible for you.  I agree with you, there is no need for an implant.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Lift

Due to the large size of your areolas, a lift in your case would need to involve some reduction of your breast tissue.  In other words you can have lift to improve your breast shape but you will be smaller as well.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift

It looks like you have enough tissue to perform a breast lift alone. You are right your large areola may be an issue in that not all the pigmented skin likely will be able to be removed when lifting the reduced nipple areola complex.  Best of luck.