How's it looking? (Photo)

I am 4 days post op. Stilll very swollen. The doctor had to make my incision a bit higher due to previous scars under my left rib. Is the size difference between the top and bottom of the stomach normal? All the stomach's I've seen pics of are more flat. I'll ask the doctor when I go in for my drain removal in a few days. Until then, I'm extremely curious! Thanks in advance!

How's it looking?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery!  For 4 days after your procedure all looks well.  I agree that you have some swelling along your incision line which is common, but your results should start to mature and improve over the next several weeks.  Hope this helps.

Post op appearance

you look fine.there will be some swelling above your incision and this can take several months to completely go down,

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Swelling

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be fairly swollen which is expected at this point. Swelling can last at least a few months post op. I recommend that you follow your Plastic Surgeon's advice regarding compression garments and activity restrictions and try to hold off on evaluating your results until closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

How's it looking?

Thank you for your question and the photos.  It is much too early to judge your result.  You will continue to have swelling for several months post operatively.  Keep wearing your compression garment and stay very well hydrated; this should help.  It would have been helpful to have your "before" pictures to evaluate your "after" results.  Please let your plastic surgeon know about any concerns you have and they will be able to give you the best advice. Tummy tuck surgery typically has a very high level of patient satisfaction, and I think you can expect to see continued improvement over then next few weeks.  It is always hard to be patient to realize the final result.   

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tt

Give your body some time to heal. At less than a week, you will have some swelling that may take months to resolve. Drink plenty of water and decrease your salt intake. This may help.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are very early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is way to early to determine how you will heal.  Certainly at this point there is normal amounts of swelling which over time will resolve.  Continue your scheduled follow up appointments with our PS and wear your girdle as directed.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (4months post-po) the swelling totally normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD