BL and BA: Am I healing ok or is CC setting in? (photos)

I'm 26 days post BL/BA. Right 500cc mentor Hp and left 350cc due to dramatic assymetry. The implants are submusclular. My right hasn't dropped which I know is normal, however I'm getting intermittent muscle contraction in the right - my PS said to take it easy but didn't tell me not to worry...I'm worried. Can contractions be sign of early CC? I attached a pic of my progress to see if changes are as one would expect.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA+BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Respectfully 

Healing after the Breast Lift With Implants

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

With your images being quite small, it would definitely be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is going as it should. Good luck.

Muscle spasm

Sounds like you have muscle spasm.  Otherwise, it looks like your breasts are healing well.  Good luck.

Post Op muscle Contractions

Hi Pippa,

Congratulations on your decision to undergo BA and BL.   The breasts look great.  Swelling and discomfort will vary from side to side as does the timing of "dropping" particularly when different sized implants are used.  You are almost 4 weeks post op and what you are experiencing is normal.

Best Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,  Beverly Friedlander, MD 

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon