Is CO2 laser good for this atrophic scar or should I consider a plastic surgery? (photos)

I had a big pimple about a month ago. I picked it and then for a minute I used benzoyle peroxide and alcohol lotion Then washed it of immediatetly after finding out its bad.. Anyway.. Went to dermatologist suggested silicone gel and told me that it will go away.... I really hope so But it looks too serious to just go away. So Im considering what to do next. There is a before and after photo with angled light and one with direct.

Scarring and lasers...

The history notes that you picked this area only a month first point is to of course stop irritating the area and let it heal as best it will.  Chances are that will be all that is needed.  Yes the CO2 laser is an option that may be used to help "smudge" the lines of demarcation between the scar and normal skin.  You may need a second laser to reduce redness (erythema) such as the pulsed dye laser.  This plan is only if you allow it to heal for a few months and are still not happy.  Surgery is always possible but I would reserve this as your last option - you must also consider that you would have a scar if you have the area excised which poses additional risks.

Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for acne scars

Thank you for your question DLuzion. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is a great treatment for acne scars and wrinkles. Recovery time can be one to two weeks and usually up to three session may be required. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician