One breast larger 4 weeks post op, any suggestions? (photos)

I had silicone implants (500cc on left side and 350cc on right) under the muscle done 4 weeks ago, as well as a lift. I was drastically asymmetric before and am afraid I still am. Is this normal they are dropping at different rates or should I be considered? Here are before pictures and 4 weeks post op

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

You look great

You started out with a noticeable breast asymmetry and now have a much improved look.  It's not perfect but it is very good.  Your breasts will continue to change for the next few months.  I would recommend that you remain patient and wait for everything to settle.  They will never be identical.  But they look great!  They will continue to improve for the next few months.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

One breast larger 4 weeks post op, any suggestions?

Asymmetry at 4 weeks is very common.  Swelling from side to side resolves at different rates.   The healing process and changing of your shape will be mostly settled at 6 months.   

I recommend you to discuss this with your plastic surgeon so he/she is aware of your concerns. 

Recovery at 4 weeks

Like you said, you had two very different breasts.  At this point they are still healing and can take 4-6 months to settle. Re-evaluate at that point.

Asymmetry

It is still a bit early to be concerned, continue follow up with your surgeon. Time is needed top allow full settling of implants, 6 months. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Lift/Augment

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your pre op photo, you appear to have a really good result so far. Much of the asymmetry is improved and at 4 weeks, you still have swelling so you are not looking at your final result yet. They may never match perfectly- perfect symmetry is not the norm. It is also common for the breasts to swell and heal differently, more so when you have started with significant differences. I recommend that you try to wait until 6 months post op before evaluating your results.

All the best

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo, you are still very swallen and you wıll need tıme for recovery from 6 weeks. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the Breast Reduction operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.