Does my breast augmentation incision look normal or is it getting infected? (Photo)

I had BA abt 1 month ago, my right Breast incision has a slight fold or dip into my skin and it doesn't seem to be healing as well as my left bc of the deep dip into my skin. I'm started to notice part of the healing incision is a white/ yellowish color, is that normal? Should I be concerned?

Is my incision from my breast augmentation infected?

It appears that you have a stitch at one end of your incision that is causing the swelling.  Commonly called a stitch abscess, the incision may need to be opened (at the skin level) and the offending stitch removed.  In most cases, this will solve the problem.  Consult with your plastic surgeon and good luck.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Possible Stitch Abcess

Dear A_New_Me_B,  It looks like you may have developed a small stitch abcess. They can be easily treated if done so early. I would suggest seeing your surgeon sooner than later. Delays can have they infection spread to the implant pocket. Good luck. Dr. Gervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug 1 month ago, possible infection....?

It appears to me that you may be developing what is known as a stitch abscess at the end of your scar.   What this is, is like a pimple around a disolvable stitch.   Usually these will open like a pimple and then just heal over.  You should be seen by your plastic surgeon for this.  Depending on how your surgeon sutured your wound, this could potentially lead to implant infection.  Definitely follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Does my breast augmentation incision look normal or infected?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. It appears that you have developed a stitch abscess along your incision. A localized area of infection a stitch abscess develops as a result of failure of your body to dissolve the stitch in a timely fashion and instead it tries to extrude the stitch much like a splinter in a finger.  Treatment involves removal of the stitch, so see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps. 

Incision maturity

It can take 6 months to a year for the incision to m nature completely.  Any specifics at this point and instructions for scar care should probably be addressed in person by your surgeon.

Thank you for the question and photos. At one month I would expect your incision to be well-healed although it is not uncommon to "spit a stitch" and have a small, superficially irritated area. I recommend that you have your incision concerns evaluated in person by your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best