Brazilian Butt Lift (S curve) Questions; Any suggestions?

I want to have a s curve with fat transfer to buttocks. I know that I need to wait 16 -18 month Post Op from sleeve gastrectomy to have fat transfer to buttocks. I am worried that if I wait to harvest fat may be difficult d/t weight loss from sleeve surgery. Is there any way to harvest fat prior to the full post op wait period so I can have optimal results with fat transfer and a more full buttocks. Ex: liposuction of my fat and storing for me to return at a later date for the transfer/sculpting

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #BBL

Hello Mimi2015, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for your excellent question.

I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Gastric sleeve and BBl

You are best to get down to your goal weight first and then re-evaluate you for a BBL. Best of luck..

BBL After Weight Loss

At this time, it's not advisable to have liposuction and store your fat, as not much of the fat will likely be viable once it's transferred back.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon early in the process to start the discussion of what to do and when.  Regarding buttock shaping after weight loss, there are several techniques that can use your own body's tissue to create the effect of an implant (without actually using an implant) to give you great buttock shape and projection.  I am very fond of the pursestring gluteoplasty technique developed by Joseph Hunstad.  Again, a consultation with a local/regional plastic surgeon would be beneficial to discuss options and goals.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

BBL

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can review your medical history, give you a physical examination and determine whether you are a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift. It is not recommended to store fat for later use because it increases the chances of the fat cells not surviving and risk of infection. It should all be performed during one procedure in a sterile environment. I would recommend that you wait the full 16-18 months after your sleeve gastrectomy and ensure that you remain at a stable weight for at least 3-6 months before having your surgery performed. Also, make sure you have a BMI of 30 or below. If your BMI is higher than 30 you put yourself at a higher health risk and if your weight fluctuates too much after your surgery it can affect your results. Best of luck.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon