How can I achieve the look I wanted? (Photo)

I got my BA in March. My main goal was to get cleavage.We discussed the implant options and went with silicone 750cc MP implants. I just went back for a check-up appt because I called and said I was unhappy with my results and I have no cleavage. My dr told me there is nothing we can do. I am very upset and unhappy. I feel like there has to be something I can do to get cleavage and a fuller look.Please help me and tell me what I can do to achieve the look I've always wanted.

What influences cleavage after breast augmentation

There are several trade-offs that need to be considered in order to maximize cleavage:
  • The pre-existing separation of the breasts limits how close the cleavage can be after implants
  • The implants need to have a wide enough base diameter; high profile implants are too narrow to create close cleavage unless they are very large
  • Implants under the muscle are separated by the muscle attachment along the side of the breastbone (sternum); if the muscle is released it will create problems
  • If the nipple position is lateral (as in your pictures) then implants too close together will be off-center in the breast making the nipples appear to point sideways

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question.I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Kind regards,Dr.Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I think that your goals are achievable…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Based on the description of goals, it is likely that you will benefit from adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) along with the use of larger and more projecting breast implants. In my practice, patienys with your concerns and goals you often benefit from the use of saline (possibly overfilled) implants.   I would suggest that you  meet with your plastic surgeon and communicate your concerns/goals again (the use of goal photographs may be very helpful during this process of communication) and see if your plastic surgeon agrees with these recommendations.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.

How can I get more "Cleavage"

"More Cleavage" is one of the most common requests with Breast Augmentation as well as one of the the most commonly miscommunicated requests leading to disappointment after the surgery. There is s HUGE difference between a cleavage when wearing a bra (which we can improve upon) and getting cleavage (that can hold to a pencil) top less (which is hard to accomplish if the breasts are wide apart). Why? The inner borders of the breasts are determined by where the pectoralis muscles attach to the inner ribs and the sternum, the midline chest cage bone , and the breasts simply sit on top of the chest muscles. To avoid looking bizarre, breast implants must be placed right under the breast tissue wherever it is located. If the implants are placed close to the midline to get cleavage but are away the the center of the breast, the augmented breast would appear as it it is sliding off chest wall tumors. A horrible look. To make things worse, if the implants are to be put under the muscles, the origins of the muscles on the sternum would have to be weakened or divided to allow the implants to be close. That results in the so called Uniboob or Cyclops Boob which is hard to fix. If you look at your before photos, you clearly have widely spread breasts which are pointing sideways. These breasts can be augmented and the nude not in bra cleavage can be improved but it is unrealistic to expect a narrow cleavage when starting with breasts as distally spaced as yours. In summary, the only thing that went wrong here was the communication between you and your surgeon. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Cleavage is limited by your anatomy, and you had a wide set cleavage to begin with.  Best of luck....

How can I achieve the look I wanted?

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the result.After viewing your photos, you have relatively wide natural cleavage.   A surgeon cannot decrease the width of the separation of the breasts but can camouflage it to a degree with a fuller shaped implant.   A fuller implant such as a High Profile or Style 20, depending upon the implant company, may offer you a better, fuller result.   Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and maybe seek the opinion of another board certified plastic surgeon as well.  I hope this helps.