24/7 swelling normal? I'm 18 days post-op extended TT w/ muscle repair. (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
Tummy Tuck Post Op
24/7 swelling normal? I'm 18 days post-op extended TT w/ muscle repair
Thank you for your question and photo, you will need time and patience to for healing you are still at an early stage.
3 weeks post op, some advices:
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
You might also like...
Swelling after tummy tuck surgery…
I would suggest that you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon, who will be in the best position to assess your situation and provide you with specific recommendations. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term care.
Tummy tuck - why isn't swelling going down?
- Your photos suggest you have normal post-tummy tuck swelling.
- It is much less at the end of the day when you have been up - which allows swelling to move out and down.
- Swelling takes months to subside - so you probably just need more time.
- Send your photos to your own surgeon to be sure he agrees.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
24/7 swelling normal? I'm 18 days post-op extended TT w/ muscle repair.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.