Lollipop Lift with 475cc/525cc Gel Implants?

Where does the implant get inserted at? Does a separate site like normal implant alone need to be made under the breast crease? I was supposed to have a lollipop lift with implants and I have a scar around my aereola down the from of my breast and under my breast...wouldn't the be an anchor? I'm so confused

Breast Implant Options

A variety of incisions can be utilized to perform breast lift surgery. These can include donut, lollipop and anchor varieties. All of these incisions can be used for breast augmentation without creating additional incisions.

In most cases, breast implants are placed beneath the muscles. Sub-muscular augmentation is accomplished by dividing the muscles at the level of the inframammary fold. This can easily be accomplished through the lollipop incision that's utilized for the breast lift portion of the procedure.

Implant insertion with vertical lift

I typically will use the lower arc of the breast lift markings to place an implant when doing a breast lift augmentation surgery. There really is no need to create an additional scar for the breast implant placement. A horizontal scar in the breast crease is not necessary. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop Lift and Breast Implants

The lollipop or vertical breast lift is a huge improvement over the more standard anchor type scar we used to use in breast lifting. The lollipop scar is a scar which goes around the edge of the areola and straight down into the crease. This eliminates the long scar in the breast crease that we used to use as well in breast lifting. If you need an implant it can be inserted through the incisions made for the breast lift. No extra incisions or scars are necessary.

Breast Lift with Implants

The implant can be inserted through any of the incisions used for the breast lift.  There is no need for a separate incision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lollipop breast mastopexy or lift with implant and incision placement

lollipop breast mastopexy or lift with implant and incision placement

yes , the implant can be inserted through any part of the incision.   sometime surgeons will add a short incision in the fold to remove excess skin in this area.   a larger incision is used for an anchor lift

The implant can be inserted through any part of the lollipop incision.  There should not be a separate incision for the implant.  The surgeon probably had to remove more skin and changed to the anchor lift to give a better shape to your breasts.  This is just a guess, and I would definitely talk with your surgeon about this.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA