Can I get a tummy tuck with lipo at my weight? (Photo)

I'm 6'0 350 lbs I want to get a tummy tuck with lipo is this possible?

Losing weight before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.

In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Tummy Tuck candidate

Honestly, no professional will operate on you being on that weight. Here in DR for example, your BMI need to be less than 35 before you can have any procedure done, that's in order to lower the risks during surgery and after surgery. Besides, If you have a Tummy Tuck now you will probably lose more weight and get loose skin again, which will mess up the work.
I recommend you to consult with your primary Doctor which would be you options (either bariatric surgery, just diet, exercising...). After your weight loss, you need to have stable weight for about 3 months before you can have a Tummy Tuck. I wish this was helpful. Best luck!

Yily De Los Santos, MD

Healthy candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for sharing your photos and posting your question.   At your height and weight, I would caution against any surgery.  Fat has very little blood supply and we know that removing skin with a lot of underlying fat is risky.    I would strongly encourage medical or surgical weight loss solutions followed by a tummy tuck procedure once the fatty tissue has been downsized.  This will make your operation safer and the outcome much better.   All the best.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

I would recommend you follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results. Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results.

Tummy tuck weight

Great question. Instead of going by actual weight, a BMI calculation would be derived from weight and height of an individual. The BMI is defined as the body mass divided by the square of the body height, and is universally expressed in kg/m2.
Commonly accepted BMI ranges are underweight: under 18.5, normal weight: 18.5 to 25, overweight: 25 to 30, obese: over 30.
Ideally, your BMI should be less than 30 for safely undergoing cosmetic procedures.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Lipo with excess weight

My recommendation would be for you to consider some bariatric type of surgery to lose 100 pounds or more and then consider tummy tuck etc but you must first lose weight.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Your weight is really not an absolute determining factor when it comes to doing a tummy tuck and liposuction. The starting point is always,"What are you trying to achieve?"
Once you have a clear idea of your goal then you can discuss how to reach that goal. Then you can discuss what is the cost of the various ways in terms of scarring, downtime, threats to your health and life, money, etc.
Once all this has been evaluated a joint decision can be made with your plastic surgeon as to what is the best way for you to achieve your goals.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a tummy tuck with lipo at my weight?

Thank you for the question and picture. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively. As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. When the time is right, seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck /Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Abdominoplasty in patients with a high BMI.

Patients with a high BMI can undergo abdominoplasty. However the complication rate both at the operative site and generally or higher. If possible it's best to lose weight prior to the operation.